Being a mom is a great achievement and you are in cloud nine after you see that little angel by your side. But after your pregnancy days are over, you must go through the harsh times of being overweight and looking at those fats really makes you miss your good old days.
Losing weight after pregnancy is very important as the fats around your tummy and other body parts are really irritating. Therefore, there are a few things you can do when you’re trying to lose weight after your pregnancy –
- Don’t be lazy – I know that after pregnancy women tend to become lazy but it’s not really a good thing. Although you cannot go for a heavy workout schedule at the very first day, start initially by walking through the blocks. Start with morning jog at least for 20-30 minutes a day. Do cardio 3-5 times a week.
- Breastfeeding is important – I see a few women who don’t like to breastfeed their babies. But when you’re breastfeeding, you need an extra 500 calories a day, but since breastfeeding burns 600 to 800 calories a day, even if all you do is sit comfortably and feed your baby, you could still be losing weight. That means you lose a lot of weight. This tactic helps a few lucky women to get rid of all the extra weights while a few others may lose a few. But remember to keep a check on your diet while you’re breastfeeding.
- Start lifting weight with time—As time goes by, start lifting weights. That will not only help you to lose weight, but also will help you to become stronger. This will also help you to boost your metabolism and eventually result in weight loss.
- Control your diet – A good diet plan is always important. After your pregnancy, you already tend to have a lot of fats and gain a lot of weight. Therefore you need to take care of your diet plan specially. As you’ll be breastfeeding, make sure you add a lot of proteins, nutrients and other vitamins on your diet plan. Take care of your calorie and your fats intake. Do not eat foods that contain a lot of calories and fats. Avoid carbs.
- Healthy snacks – Snacks should always be healthy. Eating healthy snacks will keep you away from unhealthy fats. Rather than munching on those unhealthy snacks, add nuts, raisins, whole-wheat crackers, or an apple or a banana and other high-fiber snacks. That will help you with your weight loss program.
- Take naps – Sleeping actually improves your metabolism rate. When you sleep, your body functions properly and most importantly, you don’t think about eating. Taking naps in during the day helps you in many ways. It provides you other health benefits too.
Being a mom is an amazing feeling and you cannot be more proud. But, maintaining your health and body is equally important too. Therefore these are a few tricks for you to get rid of those ugly layers of fats.
Try these simple steps and get rid of the unwanted bulge around your waist and tummy. Good Luck Mommy Dearest!